Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Tutorial Errors

Hello All,

New to AC and going through the First Person Youtube tutorial. I am using AC version 1.79.3 and Unity 2022.3.20f1 (also tried an older version 2021.3.35f1).

When I import the PLAYER PREFAB: FIRST-PERSON package I receive the following errors:

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Templates\SamplePlayerFP\Scripts\Editor\SamplePlayerFPTemplate.cs(48,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NGWData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Templates\SamplePlayerFP\Scripts\Editor\SamplePlayerFPTemplate.cs(133,24): error CS0115: 'SamplePlayerFPTemplate.SelectedByDefault': no suitable method found to override

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Templates\SamplePlayerFP\Scripts\Editor\SamplePlayerFPTemplate.cs(134,36): error CS0115: 'SamplePlayerFPTemplate.Category': no suitable method found to override

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Templates\SamplePlayerFP\Scripts\Editor\SamplePlayerFPTemplate.cs(135,24): error CS0115: 'SamplePlayerFPTemplate.IsExclusiveToCategory': no suitable method found to override

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Templates\SamplePlayerFP\Scripts\Editor\SamplePlayerFPTemplate.cs(134,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TemplateCategory' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thank you very much in advance.
Ken

Comments

• edited March 6

Welcome the community, @LunchTime.

My apologies - the package was recently updated, but the wrong files were included. Thanks for the alert.

I have corrected the package. You'll first need to navigate to /Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts, and delete the Templates folder. If you then re-download and import the package, it should then work as intended.

• Thank you very much Chris - works like a charm now!