Forum rules - please read before posting.

FP node movement template

edited March 6 in Technical Q&A

Hello AC users,

Recently I downloaded the Node movement template in order to understand it (it is a mechanic I want to use). I did some reverse-engineering on the first person one and I have managed to understand the way the nodes work, even added new ones. However there are some things I can´t manage to see:

1. The UI. I can´t find it anywhere in the scene. It just appears when I hit play (works fine) but I need to understand how it appears there and how it works.

2. When I click any of the Navigation action lists (action lists folder) to see how they work the only action that appears says "(0) Character movement node. This action list is not listed in the Actions manager".

Any help? Thanks.

P.S: I am using Unity 2022.3.18f1 and AC 1.79.3.

Comments

• edited March 7

The UI.

The arrows that appear are from the "Navigation" menu in the Menu Manager, once set to MovementNodes_MenuManager.

Navigation action lists

An oversight, apologies. The Actions Manager needs to have a Custom Actions script directory point to /Assets/AdventureCreator/Downloads/Movement node/Scripts/Actions for the Actions to display correctly.

I've amended the package with this change if you'd prefer to re-import it.

• Thank you, Chris. Now it works like a charm.

Just one more thing, now regarding the Player Prefab: First Person template. I can download it but then this error shows up in the console:

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Templates\SamplePlayerFP\Scripts\Editor\SamplePlayerFPTemplate.cs(135,24): error CS0115: 'SamplePlayerFPTemplate.IsExclusiveToCategory': no suitable method found to override.

Then the package doesn´t appear in AdventureCreator/Downloads/ or anywhere else. It is with Unity 2022.3.18f1 and AC 1.79.3. Just to let you know.

• Did you download the package recently? This issue was reported earlier and should now be fixed - try re-downloading the package and import again. You'll need to first delete the /AdventureCreator/Scripts/Template folder, however.

• Ok, thanks. I downloaded it before setting the game wizard and works without deleting anything.

By the way, I don´t know if you still make the resume of the released games made with AC. In my case I made two: From Lex to Rex and Press Lex to Metaverx. I am currently making a third one and I will probably make more with AC.

Thank you.