Forum rules - please read before posting.

Input System Integration Package: Lots of "Input Action not found" messages

Hey!

Sorry, this is probably something dumb on my part, but when I add the ControlsReader prefab into the scene and go into playmode, my console is flooded with messages stating that some input actions couldn't be found, like "Input Action 'ToggleCursor' not found". I suppose that's because they aren't defined in the Controls asset? But why would I have to add, say, "Jump" to the Controls asset if my game doesn't use it? I'm just a bit confused (and I'm just starting with the new Input system, so apologies if my question is just due to my lack of knowledge on that).

Comments

• edited March 8

If AC makes use of an input that's not listed in the Controls asset, the warning will show. They're safe to ignore, however - you can also delete the line that causes it if you wish (line 321 of the ControlsReader script).

I agree that the Console shouldn't get flooded. I'll see if the package can be amended to only report missing inputs once each - thanks for raising the issue.

• Thanks for the quick answer Chris, that was exactly what I was wondering and I just wanted to give a heads-up, because it isn't really a big problem, but I wasn't sure if I understand it right. Have a great day :)

• No problem. I've updated the package - you can just re-import its ControlsReader script to have it only report the missing inputs once.