Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cyclin inventory

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on my inventory menu with a max number of slots.
I'm also including a shifting functionality (using the mousewheel with a custom script, but that's unrelated).

How can i implement a functionality for shifting (while at the end or beginning of the item list), to loop back to the beginning, as a form of 'infinite scroll'.

I'm on the latest version of AC (1.79.3), if that's relevant.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @DrSnake.

To be clear: are you looking to "reset" the scroll (so that the first item is shown in the first slot again), or still only scroll by one (so that the last and first items are shown next to one another)?

• Hey there @ChrisIceBox, thank you so much!

I have sketched out a quick image to try to explain what i'm doing (i think this relates to your statement of 'only scroll by one'):

Let's say the 'Max number of slots' is set to 5.
    The user has 8 items currently in his inventory (in this example).
    In this example, the user is scrolling / shifting to the right (forward), same applies to backwards, but in reverse.

The scrolling should ideally look like the following:
    https://imgur.com/studfiF

Let me know if this example is clear, if not, i'll try to illustrate it differently.

• Perfectly clear, thank you.

It's a fair feature request and one I think would be beneficial to others. I'll see about implementing this as an option as part of the upcoming v1.80 update - thanks for the suggestion!

• Lovely to hear that, thank you, looking forward to it!

• Hey there :)

Just saw your 1.80 update and noticed you implemented the inventorybox loop:

"Added: Ability to scroll through InventoryBox elements on a loop"

Thank you so much for this!

Just wondering where i could find this option, after updating to 1.80 I looked through the inventorybox options and inventory settings but couldn't find anything new/related.

I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Would love to hear from you

• It's the Supports looping? option inside the InventoryBox element's properties box.

• Thank you. i tried creating a new project, and there i did find the option. So i probably updated incorrectly. I'll figure it out :) thanks again!