Forum rules - please read before posting.

Running dialogue AL scripts inside another script

Hi, I'm trying to split a question dialogue into two pieces, where the actual logic is inserted into a runnable AL and there are three questions player must answer. But unfortunately the main script runs through although I have set the scripts to be "wait until finish". What could I do with this?

Here's some pics:
https://imgur.com/a/iORBqbk

Comments

• edited April 18

Is the second image (the one with the Conversation) the "LostItem" ActionList referenced in the first image?

This ActionList will be considered "temporarily halted" once the game enters Conversation mode, which'll be enough for the Wait until finish? option to consider itself ready to move on.

Rather than using this option, have the end of the Conversation list use a separate ActionList: Run Action to continue the other Actions either a third list, or from e.g. Action #10 in the first list by unchecking Run from start.

• Yes the LostItem should go through items and their materials with two following dialogues.

Sorry, I can't follow. The idea is to have player name an item and then set the item integer with a ten number and then it's material and set the one number. For example A teapot (10) -> in bright gold (1) -> item integer is then 11. This is then compared with searched items and if a match a boolean variable is set, and three items should be found.

I put the whole and new LostItem AL in pics.

• The LostItem AL will end once any of its Dialogue: Start Conversation Actions run - so your "parent" AL will continue on at this point.

1. Find the ActionList: Run Action (9) in the first list, uncheck Wait until finish?, and set its When running field to Stop.
    2. In LostItem, create a new ActionList: Run Action that runs the first AL. Uncheck Run from start?, and set Action # to skip to **5 (Dialogue: Play speech).
    3. For each of the three end-of-chain Actions (29, 30, 31), have them run the Action created in 2.
  • I though that the only textual puzzle is too hard. So I made another gui, but now I'n not sure how to use the timers properly in AC. Any ideas?

• I'm not sure how the use of Timers relates to your original post.

Is this meant for a new topic? Share screenshots and details of the exact issue, and I can take a look.