Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mouse Interaction On Release/Up

Hi, new to both Unity and AC and I'm trying to use a button to swap scenes. I have the button setup and working by adding Unity's TMP Button, and a hotspot over it that fades to a different camera through AC. The problem is I don't like the behavior of the ActionList running on mouse down, and would like it to start on mouse up if possible. Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @GRiMGOD.

You can normally allow for mouse-up interactions by checking Interact with Hotspots by releasing click? in the Settings Manager's "Interface" panel.

However, this is when dealing with Hotspots in the normal way (i.e. attaching to a collider in the scene). If you're instead using a UI Button, its best to avoid using the Hotspot component, as a Button's default behaviour is to react on the "click up".

If you remove the Hotspot component from your Button, you can still have AC react when clicking - just assign the Button's "On Click" event to your Interaction ActionList's "Interact" function, which will cause it to run when clicked.

I may be misunderstanding your situation, though. If you can share some screenshots showing your set up, I'll take a look and see if I can spot what's to be done.

• You understood me perfectly and I got it working, thank you so much for helping!