Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Screen restriction for speech ?

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

We have a little problem with the speech.

We have set the position parameter to "above speaking character" and everything looks to work just fine until our character stand near the extremety of the screen.

As if there's a restriction set to the speech to not being displayed too close from the border of the screen.

A picture is more understandable (especially with my english)

This text (...) should appear just above the character on the right, and it does if this one is not so close from the border of the screen. (the screenshot is just a part of the screen, the character doesn't seems to be very close of the border but in fact, he is)

Maybe i've missed something to set up (sorry if that's the case) but if not, how could i fix this ?

Comments

• The Menu will try to appear above the Character, but all Menus are restricted such that they must always appear fully on-screen.  If your Menu or Label is too wide, you won't be able to centre it properly too far to one side.  Try reducing the width of it, and then it should work.
  • Hi Chris,

I've let the size on "automatic" because i don't know how long will be the string of char. (depending on what the player/NPC will have to say).

So, i don't really want to fix the value of the width.

I'll have to find another way to solve my problem.

Thank you anyway :)
  • If a Label's type is set to "Dialogue Line", it's height becomes fluid if the size is set to Manual.  That way you can have a fixed with, but still have a desired width (the Demo_MenuManager's Subtitles menu does this)
  • Perfect, thank you :)