Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.31 bugs

edited April 2014 in Engine development
1.31 is great, and it fixes quite a few things! But it also appears a few bugs have popped up:

1) Previously to 1.30 there were a lot of issues with choose interaction then hotspot mode when selecting and using inventory items- problems such as the inventory cursor sometimes disappearing after clicking a back button in an inventory menu, and the cursor sometimes disappearing after clicking on the screen or hotspot in general (I have checked, and the disable with left click option is NOT selected). 

Also, using the inventory item on an area where there is no hotspot will make the player walk to that point when first clicked, but then when I click a second time with the same inventory item, the cursor will always disappear and be replaced with the normal walk cursor.

2) I don't think I've noticed this problem in previous versions, but it might not be new for 1.31- I have an asset based actionlist that I call refresh variables, and what it does is set relevant variables to their formulaic values. Otherwise, the values don't necessarily update when some of the variables which affect other variables change.

So in most of my scenes, in the on variable change cutsene, I use the engine run actionlist action to call this actionlist. Now, when in a scene where I have this running, conversations will no longer work.

Meaning, when I run an action to start a conversation, the conversation options appear for about a half a second (time it takes to fade, I presume) and then it vanishes. It does not run any of the conversation options, it just disappears as if it were cancelled. I have determined that the refresh variables cutscene is in fact what calls this, but I have no idea why. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Comments

• 1a) This is an error I can only re-create occasionally.  I believe I've fixed it, but we'll have to see if it works for you - the nature of it seems quite specific to your set-up.

1b) Same.

2) Fixed for 1.32
  • Wow you do work quickly! Thanks again, hopefully you'll get to see my wacky setup soon when I release a demo!