Forum rules - please read before posting.

2d top down Horizontal movement Problem

i have a problem with the 2d top down camera, and the Horizontal movement Constraint.
They are blocked on a minimum and maximum of (0.2 , -0.2) for me.

even if i change that value in -3 , 3 or -10, 10, they dosent affect the main camera movement, and the scrolling remain the same.

any advice?

Comments

• edited November 2014
    I can't recreate this.  How do you mean exactly - are the values in the GameCamera2D inspector stuck at (-0.2, 0.2), or does the camera just act as though they are?  Does the camera move correctly if you uncheck Constrain?
  • if i uncheck Constrain camera works fine.
    but if i use offset to find my left and right limit as you suggest on your tutorial video, i find out my Constrain value are 0.2 -0.2.

il put that value on Constrain.
    when i play the game the camera dosen't work as expected, because the left and right margin limit setup are not the same and doesn't works how i see in the offset value.

if i change the constrain value to  an ipotetic -2,2 or -10 , 10(only for check if the camera limit are really expanded) what i find out is that does not affect the camera movement at all, because the limit of the camera movement are the same as  0.2 , -0.2 value.

• What do you mean by left and right margin limits?  And what is your offset value set to?  It shouldn't be varied in-game.

I'm really not following you.  Please post a step-by-step breakdown, ideally with screenshots.  I'm all happy to fix the problem, but so far I'm struggling to understand what you mean.