Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionLists, Cutscenes, ....

ok, ,first of all sorry for the flood of msgs from me recently ;) (i'm currently in a unity sprint, so it will end soon :) )

I noticed some check actions support to run cutscenes other nodes support actionlists, and additionally there are interactions. Basically every actionlist contain the same nodes, and are virtually the same, except of the "base behavior" and some different properties/parameters (correct me if i'm wrong here)

so this means the lists are not really compatible, and need to be copied if different kind of actions need to run them, which is unfortunate.

i'm not sure if a uber-node would make much sense, but maybe you could add the possibility to run every type of actionlists from "skip to cutscene" and other actions.?

Comments

• The thinking behind it was to reduce the list of available GameObjects when you click for the drop-down.  When would you want to link to anything other than a Cutscene?

Triggers and Interactions are always called from something specific (e.g. a Hotspot) - the idea behind the separate Cutscene prefab is that it's not tied to being called by any one thing.

I'm not against the idea, but there are reasons for the different properties for each prefab type.  Could you give a clear example as to how/when you'd make use of that?
  • well sometimes you need to share actions between triggers and interactions (when i remember right), unfortunately I can't check it right now, but I will asap.