Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature Request: support for multiple "ignore raycast" layers

well, same as the topic ;) in my case, I want to light NPCs differently then the environment/player, so I put them on a custom layer... (which should also ignore raycasts)

if this makes sense ;) is there any way to do this already, or would you consider adding something like this?

thanks!

Comments

• I'm fairly sure you can place objects on multiple layers though - does that not remove the need?
  • mhhh I've looked and tried, but i didn't find a way to do that... "?" are you certain thats possible? (unity noob here, sorry... quite possible i'm overlooking it)
  • Perhaps I was mistaken.  But generally your character models / sprites are child objects from the actual Player / NPC script - you can place them on different layers that way.
  • sorry my mistake.... it looked like the NPCs were causing the issue, but its related to a pathfinding hickup... I just realised you only test the Default layer and not just exclude the "Deactivated" layer..