Forum rules - please read before posting.

Option to show Hotspots ikon when detected..

Hi all,
 First of all many thanks for the awesome asset!!

I am developing an adventure game for mobile devices (touch screen) and I think it would be great if there was an option in the hotspots settings to "show hotspots ikon when detected". What I mean is when a hotspot gets in the hotspot detector area it's ikon become visible and when not - to be invisible. Now we only have "always", "never" and "when highlighting".
 In my case the game is 2.5D and there are no physical objects in the hotspots, it's just part of the background image so I can't use the "when highlighting" option. So I want when the player character walks near hotspots their ikon appears and when he walks away they disappear.
 I tried everything, I read the other similar threads, I followed the tutorials bit by bit but there is just no such option added. For touch screen devices it would be very useful!

Cheers
Angel

Comments

• The "Highlight" script doesn't necessarily need to be on a visible object - you can even place it on the Hotspot itself.  That script's needed to work out how bright the icon should be.  Attach the script, reference it in the Hotspot, then choose "When highlighting".  Does that give the desired effect?
  • Didn't think about that. It solves my problem :))) !! Mark as solved. 
    Thanks!!!