Forum rules - please read before posting.

Ladder climb up

hello,
how can I get my character can take up to climb a ladder.
The animation is stored in Mechaim . I move my character
on the circuit now I want to climb the ladder with the " u" key up .

best regardsDenis

Comments

• First of all, you'll want to lock regular player movement using the Player: Constrain Action.  You then want to play a looping Cutscene that plays either your "Climb up" or "Climb idle" animations whether or not the player is pressing "u".

The Input: Check Action can be used to detect input buttons.  If pressed, play the "climb up" animation - otherwise, play idle.  Use the ActionList Editor for this: you'll want both animation actions to loop back to the Input: Check afterwards, so that it's always being called.  So that it can run continuously during gameplay, set the Cutscene's When running field to Run In Background.

This assumes, of course, your animations rely on Root Motion, so that the animations will move the player as well.  Once the player has reached the top (you can determine this with a Trigger), you can end the looping Cutscene by sending the Kill command to it with the Object: Send message Action.
  • Hello,

thanks for the help. In the front of the Ladder i have Position a Marker. I call the marker with the AC Trigger "Move to Point". unfortunately is the Position of the Player not on the Center from the Marker when he has arrived the Marker Position. What is the solution?

best regards

Denis

• When a character moves towards a Marker, it's not possible to make them move to exactly the same spot, because turning/deceleration etc means there'll never be a frame in which their positions match.

What you can do, however, is control how close is "close enough".  This is what the Destination accuracy slider in the Settings Manager is for: the higher it's value, the closer a character needs to be to his intended Marker before he says "I'm there".

Regardless, you'll probably need to position the Player in the exact spot once he's there, so that the animation always matches.  You can do this by calling the Object: Teleport Action at the start of the interaction, to teleport him to the Marker he's just walked over to.

There might still be a slight "snap" as he teleports, but you can hide this by cutting the camera at the same time.  The demo game does this when e.g. pushing the barrel.