Forum rules - please read before posting.

How can I change the button for using a hotspot??? (I swear I'm not an idiot)

In case that question above didn't really make sense, I'll give a bit more explanation. You know when you have a hotspot? And to use that hotspot, you click on it? Well, I want to actually use the space bar to activate the hotspot instead. Seems simple right? And it probably is, I'm probably just missing something obvious. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Is your Input method (in the Settings Manager) set to Keyboard Or Controller?  If so, you just have to map the space bar to an input button called InteractionA in the Input settings.

The Settings Manager should always list any appropriate input buttons your game can make use of.
  • Thanks, this helped a bunch! My Input Method was actually set to Mouse and Keyboard, I like the Keyboard or Controller one much better. Thanks again!
  • Actually, now that I've done that, I've run into another problem. The mouse sensitivity is all jacked up. It's extremely sensitive (to the point that every movement of the mouse turns the camera like 15 degrees), and then when I bring down the sensitivity in the CursorHorizontal and CursorVertical axes to a suitable level, then the cursor is no longer aligned with the mouse once the cursor is freed, making it really hard to use my GUI. I have my game set up for First Person, and in the tutorial for First Person it says to use the Mouse and Keyboard Input Method. So.... either is there a way to change the interaction input while still keeping the Mouse and Keyboard Input Settings, or is there a way to fix the sensitivity issue with the mouse when I have it set to keyboard or controller? (Or to simply make the mouse always align with the cursor, which is what it stops doing when I change the sensitivity on those two axes)? Thank you in advance for your time, I know this is a long question.
  • Have you tried modifying the "Freelook sensitivity" values on your FirstPersonCamera script?
  • Aha! That works! ..... Except, one more question now.... when I free the cursor, it still doesn't actually follow the mouse. When the Input Method is set to Mouse and Keyboard, the cursor stays with the mouse when the cursor is freed, but when it's Keyboard or Controller, the cursor does it's own thing, and I can't click on certain GUI items because of it, since the mouse might be on the other side of the screen from the cursor. Hopefully that makes sense... Is there any way to fix that possibly? Sorry I keep asking questions! You're the best Chris!
  • AC Menus should still work just fine with an "offset" cursor like that - or are you using Unity UI?
  • Yup, its a scripted unity GUI.
  • Sorry, what do you mean exactly?  AC can link menus to Unity UI canvases without need for scripting.
  • Haha yeah, I know it wasn't exactly the easiest question to understand. I'm pretty bad at this forum stuff. Anyway, I've solved the problem, I just modified the playerinput script I think it was. My problem was seriously very small and hard to explain because its so personalized to my specific game. Your input really helped me to figure out what the problem was though! Thank you!