Forum rules - please read before posting.

new AC update crashes unity 4.6

Hi chris,

i just tried to update AC in my project, but unity crashed during the assetimport, and now fails to start (with that project). i removed the AC folder, started unity, and reimported the AC asset with the same crash result. Then I test-created an empty project with AC as lonely asset, but it still crashes..

( i successfully updated AC before, this is the first time is see the crash reporter of unity ;) )

any ideas?

Comments

• am i'm the only one who's having trouble with the latest update? anybody updated to 1.41b successfully yet?
  • Latest versions of Unity and AC work fine here - and the update ran without any problems for me - so it can be done!
  • i just can't get it to work......
    i'm using unity 4.5.5f1 and windows 7.... maybe i should update unity first?

again, this is what happens:
    if i create an empty project with AC added at the beginning -> crash during the import process....

if i create an empty project -> unity starts fine... then i redownloaded the asset (like 5 times now), but when i import it, unity crashes again during the process....

???

i did update before, so this is new... could this be 4.5/GUI related?
  • I am running Unity 4.6.1 with AC v1.41b with no crashing. Sorry I can't be of more help. Do you get an error message?
  • ok, i updated to 4.6.1 and now it works.... thanks!
    (a warning would have been nice, though)
  • I can't warn if I don't know about it - this is the first I've heard of it.  Glad it's sorted, though.
  • edited February 2015
    I'm getting the same issue here. Crash when trying to upgrade AC, also in Unity 4.5.5. Happens when importing "small assets".
  • edited February 2015
    I unchecked 2DDemo, Demo, and UI folders. Unity didn't crash this time, but spit out a Fatal Error: The file 'MemoryStream' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds! 17 > 16]

I then reopened Unity, and it told me it couldn't load my layout, so I selected the Default. I think it worked now.
  • edited February 2015
    Yeah the problem may be a small asset from within the Demo folder. I tried to import everything but 2DDemo and it crashed again.
  • MY BAD. I misread the Asset Store description as saying AC now supports Unity 4.6.2, instead of requiring it. Oops...