Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change hotspot interaction... with a different interaction?

Hi there,
I was wondering is there an easy way to change the hotspot's interaction with a different one. Now in the "Change interaction" action you can only enable or disable. Here is an example of what I am working on:
 There is a door that at some point you don't have to go through so when clicked the player says " I don't need to go out now" but when he speaks to an NPC, she tells him he needs to go out so this dialogue should change the door's interaction to going outside. One way is to make two hotspots for the door- one invisible and then change the visibility when the dialogue is completed but I just want to know if there is a better way?

Thanks in advance
Angel

Comments

• You have two options:

1) You create one Hotspot, two Interactions, and only have one enabled at a time.  If your Interaction method is set to Context Sensitive, you can declare multiple Use interactions in a Hotspot, but only the first available will be used.  Therefore, you can have both "active" to begin with, then disable the first after speaking with the NPC.

2) You use a local boolean variable to determine the outcome in one Interaction.  Use the Variables Manager to create a local boolean called e.g. SpokenWithNPC.  In your list that runs when you talk with the NPC, you can then use the Variable: Set Action to set this boolean to True.  Then, a Variable: Check Action can be used in your door Interaction to produce different outcomes accordingly.
  • Thanks! :) Those are a much better way of doing it!