Forum rules - please read before posting.

Default animation for NPC's?

Hello,

I love AC, having a blast trying to figure everything out. I have a problem with two NPC's in a scene of mine. I want them to start with IDLE_L animations, but every time I test the game they start in their IDLE_U states. How can I solve this?

All the best, Joost.

Comments

• Hi Ressie! Thank you so much for your quick reply. It was exactly what I was looking for. I spent some time plowing through the forum looking for an answer, but it seems I missed your topic. Thanks again!
  • Also I think you can change the default by selecting your NPC, opening up the Animator and you will notice that the " IDLE_U" is probably in orange (set as default). Try right clicking on  "IDLE_L" and setting it to default in the Animator. 
  • When the scene starts, it's based on their object's initial rotation.  I'm assuming you're in Unity 2D mode, so try rotating the NPC's "Y" angle - the sprite will correct itself when the game runs.  Or, as you say, you just set everything up in an OnStart cutscene.