Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sortingmap works in Scene but not in Player ?? O_o

Hey guys, I made a quick youtube video to show the problem I am running into with the sorting-map. Hopefully one of you guru's can help me figure out that's going on here @-)

Thank You
Greg

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @Greg!

Quite a strange problem.  If it works in the Scene window, what view angle/mode are you currently in?  Isometric or perspective?  You'll likely have to ensure that your game camera makes use of the same setting - i.e. if the Scene window's in Isometric (or 2D) mode, then try setting your GameCamera to Orthographic (another name for Isometric).
  • The camera is Orthographic since this is a 2D setup, but maybe it my camera size since I have it at a weird decimal of (3.595) I'll try tweaking those options to see if it helps any. I'll also try deleting the sorting map and making a fresh one. I'll report in with my findings tonight.

• Be sure to place the other NPC on the Sorting Map, too - but if it's correct in the Scene view I'm inclined to believe this is a camera issue.
  • Solved!

In my case the Sorting Map script on the NPC is what was causing the issue. That NPC happened to be stationary so she did not require dynamic sorting. The problem was that when she did have a sorting map on her, she shared the same sorting order as the main player, and because his draw call came in after her, she always got covered up. 

Removing the sorting map and giving her static "order in layer" fixed the issue :)