Forum rules - please read before posting.

NavMesh2D hole character drift

edited February 2015 in Technical Q&A
I seem to be encountering an issue with how the pathfinding routes around holes using the NavMesh2D option. Characters are drifting inside the boundary of the hole when moving between certain nodes - it appears like its mainly happening when the path is being transformed into a wide curve.

Is this intended behaviour and I've set something up wrongly?
Both NavMeshes are set to the Ignore Raycast layer and the hole seems to be recognised correctly. Playing with the destination accuracy amplifies the problem at lower values, but even at 1 or 0.9 it's quite pronounced. I'm using version 1.42c.

Here's a rough example using Brain's character prefab from the 2D demo:

Comments

• edited February 2015
    It does look like you've set all up correctly, but what's the destination accuracy value set to in the video?  It's hard to tell the intended behaviour from the error at the moment.  Try lowering it so that the problem is most apparent.

Since it's so simple a scene, it'll probably be easiest for me to actually have a look myself.  If you can, package up the scene+bg, and PM it to me.
  • It was set to 0.9, at lower values the characters curve out well beyond the hole boundary.

I've PMed you a link to the scene package. Thanks for taking a look!
  • Keeping an eye on this as well, I get this drifting even when there's no holes, just some semi-complex navmesh design, like this: