Forum rules - please read before posting.

2d Toolkit issues

Hi,

My character wont face direction or change his rendering order when using a sorting map - is there something I need to set up to use these features at all...?

Thanks,

Kris

Comments

• For a character to make use of a sorting map, he needs a Follow Sorting Map script attached to his sprite.  See the 2D Player character, Brain2D, for an example.
  • I added this to Jason and his 'sprite child' but no joy. Will have another test today...
  • Can you think of any reason why he might not 'face direction' as I have checked with another character that does although he is an npc and not the main character.
  • I am getting this warning:

FollowSortingMap on Jason(Clone) must be attached alongside a Renderer component.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    AC.FollowSortingMap:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Navigation/FollowSortingMap.cs:55)
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object, Vector3, Quaternion)
    AC.KickStarter:ResetPlayer(Player, Int32, Boolean, Quaternion) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:552)
    AC.KickStarter:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:654)

Does this shed any light at all?
  • @Ressie: Pre-1.42, there was a bug that meant the "Turning speed" property in a Player's inspector was ignored for 2D characters.  Therefore, if it was set to zero, it wouldn't have mattered until the bug was fixed.  Check that it's greater than zero - that's the likely cause.

@lefoosh: Be sure to attach your FollowSortingMap on the same object as your SpriteRenderer.
  • @Ressie: Pre-1.42, there was a bug that meant the "Turning speed" property in a Player's inspector was ignored for 2D characters.  Therefore, if it was set to zero, it wouldn't have mattered until the bug was fixed.  Check that it's greater than zero - that's the likely cause.

@lefoosh: Be sure to attach your FollowSortingMap on the same object as your SpriteRenderer.
  • I'm having no joy as added to this the animations never reset to idle, even if I out that as an extra item after the animation has finished which is adding a lot of work.

However I went native with the Unity tools and presto - everything seems to work!

Am now pulling everything out of 2DToolkit and putting into Unity