Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object manipulation

Hello,

how can my player write something on an object for example a blackboard?

Thanks

Comments

• By "player" do you mean the prefab, or the person actually playing the game?
  • i want my player character (prefab) to write something on a blackboard during a cutscene.

Thanks

• You can use the Character: Animate Action to get the player to play a "writing" animation you've made, and the Object: Change material Action to replace the "blank" chalkboard material with one with writing on.  Or swap the model/sprite out with two Object: Visibility Actions.

For an animated effect, you could look into using the Object: Animate Action to play a sprite animation that you've made
  • Ok,

it works.I tried it with a test material.But how can i create a chalkboard material with writing on it.Are there editors to create such materials.It would be the easiest way.

Thanks

• Hi,

again even if i am repeating myself.How can i create a chalkboard material with writing on it.Are there editors to create such materials.It would be the easiest way.

Thanks

• Hi,

i am sorry.It was a dumb question.I just needed a texture creator.I don't have nobody to ask besides google so it can be that sometimes my questions are trivial.

Thanks

• Understandable, but I'm afraid I'm not equipped with the knowledge about other tools.  Your best best is to ask on the Unity forums - even a search will likely turn up the answer.