Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crash when loading save file

Hi there all,

I can save games, but if I try and load a game everything crashes, this happens both in the Unity Dev Environment and in built versions of the game.

Not sure what data to share from the crash but the log says 

"Read from location 00000004 caused an access violation"

This has happened on multiple computers.

Any ideas of what the problem is?

-Thanks in advanced!

Comments

• Haven't heard of this with AC before - are you relying on any other scripts / third-party code assets in your game?  There could be a conflict somewhere.

That said, because the error happens when you load, I'm inclined to think that it's trying to either load so much data, or there's a loop somewhere.  How big are your save files?  The path to a save file is listed in the Console when it's made in the editor.

It might also be worth checking the Log Files, the locations of which are listed here.
  • The save files are about 16kb, I turned off all my custom scripts but I still have the same problem.

Got the Unity Error Log, not sure if I'm reading it right but it looks like the error happens here:

AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Game engine\StateHandler.cs:125)

(Filename: Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/Serializer.cs Line: 217)

Crash!!!

• I reinstalled the latest Unity and now it is working normally for some reason. 

Sorry to waste your time! 

Will have a demo ready for Vincent the Vampire soon though for people to download and play!