Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D character glitch

Hi everyone!

I'm experiencing these horrible glitches whenever my NPC characters change direction. They look minor, but in the flow of the game it looks really awful. I have static characters, that turn their head whenever someone has a line of dialogue. But some of them (not all of them, which really bugs me...) glitch when they do (see attached pictures).

What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• I never was good at spot the difference..

I can see there's something going on with the first two characters on the left, but this isn't enough to know exactly what you mean.  Is the first guy shrinking slightly?

AC's character sprites have to correct themselves whenever the root object rotates (so that they always face the camera).  This should always happen on the same frame, however.  Knowing that, would you say that the sprites are somehow lagging a little, and what you're seeing is a momentary rotation glitch?
  • Maybe this will help. Had to do it to spot the difference or I'd be sat here still :)