Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animation

Hi,

why is my player character flying up in the air during or at the end of an animation (mecanim).

Thanks

Comments

• I have this problem, is the aimation a motion capture from somewhere, many I export from poser tend to do this, it is not an AC issue for me but a .bvh/poser issue, a very annoying one. There must be a way to zero an animation to the "floor" or 0 on Y or something but Ive not figured it yet. I think you can do it in MotionBuilder but its a pain in the arse to use. Probably possible in poser too I will check that out.
  • Hi,

it is an animation from a library called huge mocap.I tried my best but could not solve the problem.

Thanks

• I think I'm facing a similar behaviour...(since I was testing and my character is not final, I didn't focus on that, but definitely there's something strange on that)
  • On the AC side, you have an option to rely on root motion in your Player inspector.  Beyond that, I'm not sure if this is an AC issue or something with your animation library.
  • Hi,

one has to enable root motion in the animator component and you have to enable is kinematic in the rigidbody component.Then it works.

Thanks

• edited March 2015
    @dna78 If you enable is kinematic in the rigidbody component the mechanim character has his feet inside the upper platform in the Evil Layer demo scene, Hope this does not create problems in later stages of game development for some.
  • I cannot say that.
  • Hi guys, I know how to fix this now, but its not that pretty, you should load up your animation (fbx or bvh) into poser and run a python script from file->run python script, this will drop every frame to the floor, when you export it out it will not rise up anymore.