Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC Direct Control - Touch Screen - Unity Plugins?

Hey all,

The game I'm working on at present uses the 'Direct' movement method, but in addition to keyboard / controller I'm also interested in incorporating touch controls. I know the existing touch implementation in AC uses a cursor and all that sort of stuff, so I doubt it's really compatible with what I have in mind (touching a spot on the bottom of the screen to move the character down, a button on the right to move right, a button in the center to interact, etc.) but I can see that there are a lot of extensions on the asset store that do this sort of thing.

Does anyone have any experience with anything that will play nice with AC? Basically, that will tie in with Unity's input manager and allow me to create and define touchable regions on screen to touch that will tie into 'Horizontal', 'Vertical', 'InteractionA', 'Menu' and what-not?

Let me know, thanks!

Comments

• With the Menu Manager (or Unity's UI) you can create Buttons that, when clicked, simulate an AC Input.  Just define the button in the Menu, and set the Click Type to Simulate Input.  You'll then be able to link it up to an AC Input.
  • That sounds much, much easier! I'll give it a shot! Thanks Chris!