Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving

Can i save a whole scene with an action,change to another scene and then change to the original saved scene?

Thanks

Comments

• I think you can do it creating an ActionList asset, and reusing it though scenes
  • Ok i will try it like that.
  • I run a cutscene at the end of the scene with the autosave option enabled and after that i load another scene.It should be possible via a script to load the autosaved first scene.But will the first scene work like expected.I mean i did not attach any remember scripts to anything in the scene.
  • You'll have to mark things up with the correct Remember script if you want them saved.  Section 9 of the manual has you covered.
  •  Ok.And the script to load the first scene.Some tipps would be cool.

Thanks.

• You can load an autosave by using the Engine: End game Action.
  • It does not work.I followed the description in the Manual.I save the scene after a cutscene via autosave then change to the other scene.I play the scene and at the end of an interaction i use the Engine:End game Action to load the autosave of the last scene and then change the scene via Engine:Change scene but it freezes and then stays in the actual scene.I could send you some screenshots but i do not know how to paste them in here.

Thanks

• You can post screenshots by uploading them to any image file-sharing site, such as imgur.com

But it doesn't sound like you have quite the right approach - you can't follow up a "load autosave" with a "change scene", because the game will re-set and the ActionList will end.  If all you're doing is playing a cutscene in the new scene, you don't need to load an autosave to go back to the previous scene - just the "Change scene" will be enough.
  • The new scene is you can say a new game.If i just change to the original scene,the original scene starts from the beginning.I will send you the screenshots via mail.

Thanks

•  I will send you the screenshots to adventurecreator@iceboxstudios.co.uk
  • Did not work with mail.image

• It's really not clear at all from these screenshots what's going on - there's no mention of autosaves here.

But from your description of the scene restarting when you load back: your scene will always have run it's "Cutscene on start" whenever it begins - even if it's already run.  So to stop it from re-running, you need to create a Variable that you can use to determine whether or not you should play it:

1) Create a new Local boolean variable called e.g. "Play intro when scene starts", and set it's initial state to "True"
    2) At the end of your opening cutscene, use a "Variable: Set" Action to set this variable's value to "False".
    3) At the beginning of your opening cutscene, use a "Variable: Check: Action to determine the variable's value.  If it's set to True, continue the cutscene - otherwise, don't.
  • In the first image as you can see i enabled autosave after.I think if i follow your solution though the cutscene will not play i can play the scene again.But i will try it.

Thanks

• Like i said.Please have a look at the first image again.I enabled autosave.Before that i followed the manual with remember script attaching and so on.

• I made it without saving.I just copied the original scene made the right modifications to it and at the end of the second scene i load the copied and modified scene.It is not optimal,is it?But it works exactly like i imagined.

Thanks

• I'm glad you have things working, but the steps I've described are the optimal way to do this.  Variabes are necessary to have anything behave differently if it happens more than once (like loading your first scene).

You don't need to create a dupliacate scene, or load an autosave - have a look at the 2D tutorial video.  At the 1:11:07 mark, you can see how variables are created and used to change things.
  • I understand what you mean.I tried it and the cutscene does not play.That is cool but i can play the whole scene again.The first scene does not start where it ended.

Thank you very much

• I think i could not explain my problem.Anyway, it works.

Thanks

• An Engine:Save scene and Load saved scene action would be really cool.
  • It's possible to write custom Actions, and the manual provides a list of available AC functions and variables that you can call.  However, I'm still not clear on what it is you're trying to do, here.  I'm all for including useful Actions into AC officially, but I don't know if you're looking to resort to something new because you're having trouble with the existing steps.  Please explain your current problem, and I will do my best to explain how to solve it.