Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu without mouse

Hi, I'm working for Harvestergames, creator of The Cat Lady. I'm checking if it is possible to use Unity+AC to recreate unique gameplay and interaction system for next games. All is working really nice except one thing I'm dealing few hours already. How to cycle through interaction menu with keys only (up/down arrow) and how to select options without mouse clicks (key only) ?
I'd appreciate some help...

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @micamic.  Nice to hear you guys are interested in AC.

First off, you want to set your Interaction method to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction, and Select Interactions by setting to Cycling Menu And Clicking Hotspot.

As listed in the Required Inputs section of the Settings Manager below them, you'll then have access to the various CycleInteractions inputs, which you can define in Unity's Input Manager, and use to cycle through the Interaction Menu.

As for selecting the chosen Interaction, currently that's only possible with mouse-clicks unless your Input method is set to Keyboard Or Controller, but I'm looking into having keyboard buttons to be available for this in Mouse And Keyboard mode for the upcoming 1.43 release.
  • AC is really brilliant, big respect for your work.

I did exactly as you wrote but I don't have CycleInteration and other inputs in Unity's Input Manager.
    See my screenshot:image
  • Ok, silly question, sorry. I've discovered I can add new custom inputs in input manager, didn't know it before.
    Anyway method described by ChrisIceBox doesn't work. Interaction menu is displayed properly when player is on hotspot but I can't select anything and I can't cycle through options.
  • It's certainly the right approach, but maybe you need a few more options set.

Since the Interaction Menu is controlled with an Input Key, not clicking icons with the mouse, try selecting the Interaction menu in the Menu Manager, and checking Ignore Cursor clicks?

If it still doesn't work, you'll have to post some screenshots of your Settings Manager, Interaction Menu and a typical Hotspot.
  • Yes, with Ignore Cursor clicks it works like a charm, thanks for a clue. Wow, this is exactly what I need and it works amazing !