Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory problem

Hi again,

I managed now to customize the inventory box and also made it show up manually instead of mousing over it. I created an icon for it, if you click on that, then it pops up. Works all cool and perfect instead of one thing. When I mouse over the objects in the inventory it doesn't show the text from what the objects are anymore. If I have the inventory the way it was, or I tell it to appear during gameplay it still shows the text when mousing over the items, but when I set it to appear manual it doesn't show the text anymore. How come? And can I change that somewhere? Because I liked the text when mousing over the items....

And I also still didn't figure out how I can use inventory items on my player.

Comments

• I've posted a reply to your question about the player.  As for your Inventory Menu, have you set it to pause the game when enabled?  That may be the cause.  Post a screenshot of your Inventory Menu's properties list.
  • edited March 2015
    Well that worked indeed, but then I have the problem that the inventory is blocking the view on the game. And you can still click around behind it. I think as a player that might be a bit anoying if you have to click the close button every time. Or miss things that happen if you forget to do that. That is also why I activated that pause game when enabled thingy. Is there a way to make the inventory disappear the moment you click anywhere in the scene next to the inventory box? Or is wanting both things (pause and words) impossible?

Or can I maybe do that by attaching an actionlist to it (when on/ off) Because those two fields are still empty now.

• As part of your Inventory menu (or a separate Menu that is always on when the Inventory menu is), you can create "empty" Buttons that surround the Inventory Menu.  When you click on them, you can run a shared ActionList that turns them off + the Inventory menu.
  • Ok, Thanks very much, Then I'm going to try that.