Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Select Item and Hotspot Text problem

edited March 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

I am having a small problem I can't figure out. When I select an inventory item, and it changes as my cursor, and go over a hotspot, the hotspot text appears in the background. This can be seen here:

Is there any way to make the hotspot text on top of the mouse texture icon?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Yes - just re-arrange your Menus so that Hotspot is the very last one.  Their order in the Menu Manager is also their display order.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work.

The hotspot text is still behind the picked-up inventory item.

• Ah.  Apologies - I misread you the first time.

If the Inventory is a cursor, then it'll always be displayed on top - that's just how cursors behave in Unity.  Now you could just move the Hotspot label down a bit, but you may get lucky with a slightly sneakier method:

Rather than displaying the Inventory item as a cursor, display it in a new Menu that's Position is set to Follow Cursor.  Make sure it's non-interactive by checking Ignore Cursor clicks?, and it's Appear type is set to During Gameplay.

Then create a single InventoryBox element, with an Inventory Box Type set to Display Selected.  All being well, the display of the Inventory item will now be handled by the menu, and you can use the Cursor Manager to stop the item from being sent to the cursor.
  • Thanks alot for the information.

With your help I got it to work and the text is now on top. 
    By the way, Appear type I set it to Manual and Enable on start. Since it only has content once an item is selected. Also in Cursor Manager I set the Inventory cursor size to 0.

Awesome support!