Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS BAD TO WORSE!!!!

DISASTER!
OK whole story as fast as possible...

1. Last night had great progress (not with getting Jump to work however) managed to link AC up to UFPS inventory, so a hotspot on a UFPS gun would pick it up, put it in the AC Inventory THEN clicking on it in the AC Inventory would equip it. YAY!

2.Today I got up determined to fix the old no jump problems.
I started FROM SCRATCH.
1. New Unit Project
2. Import UFPS
3. Import Adventure creator
4. Run the wiz
5. Make groundplane (add to Ignore raycast+put in _SetGeometry)
6. Tried to add UltimateFPSIsPresent... wouldnt work.. well it went in ok, but the warning in settings did NOT go away
7. Added the AC UFPS Player package
8. Added AdvancedPlayer to player slot in Settings
9.Run
10. Errors
Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs(140,48): error CS1061: Type `vp_FPInput' does not contain a definition for `MouseCursorForced' and no extension method `MouseCursorForced' of type `vp_FPInput' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs(212,72): error CS1061: Type `vp_FPInput' does not contain a definition for `FPPlayer' and no extension method `FPPlayer' of type `vp_FPInput' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs(214,57): error CS1061: Type `vp_FPInput' does not contain a definition for `FPPlayer' and no extension method `FPPlayer' of type `vp_FPInput' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs(238,41): error CS1061: Type `vp_FPInput' does not contain a definition for `MouseCursorForced' and no extension method `MouseCursorForced' of type `vp_FPInput' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Nothing worked, gave up, went back to my game project...
Now, nothing works there.. player spawns but WILL NOT MOVE AN INCH!!!!

NOW I TRIED GOING BACK AGAIN TO MY NEW TEST PROJECT.. AND THAT IS WORSE!
On load I had to reset the window layouts and after launch, theres NO AC or UFPS menu above... so I cant even bring up the AC game menu!

What do I try now, I tried to "start from a clean project", that is always the advice.. but its f***ed everythign up!

Mark

Comments

• OK a restart of the project brought back the menus, but still the 4 errors, and not able to add the preprocessor define...

• Are you using the latest version of Ultimate FPS?  The improved integration is all thanks to the more recent updates - you have to have v1.4.9 or later.  The errors your getting suggest that you're using an eariler version.  If that's the case, just upgrade from the Asset Store and they should sort themselves out.
  • OMG.. yes... I did this test thru the package lying on my machine...  will give it a go...
    Why would it affect my game project tho, that was working last night?
  • And now its working again...
    How can updating UFPS in one project fix another one?

Still no Jump...
    Im sure this is an input issue,
    (can someone PLEASE just post what they have entered for Jump in bothe Unith Input AND the UFPS input settings, you know, what you have set for gravity dead and sensitivity)

And I have to press the mouse down to turn, that bug again... I had it before, but no idea how it got fixed then.

On the upside, I got my AC to UFPS working together nicely, using PlayMaker actually!

So hotspot on gun does the usual (remove the gun model and hotspot) but FIRST thing in the "stack of actions" is a ThirdParty/Playmaker action
    PlayMaker FSM has a event GotGun and adds it to the UFPS Inventory (PM has some UFPS specific actions) and then in Inventory actions I have a USE action that equips the gun.
    What I need now is an UN-equip method, preferably just clicking the gun in the inventory again.

Also, I need some kind of labels appearing when you hover over things in the inventory dependant on what you can do with them. So gun would be USE (equip UFPS gun and hand); Faded yellow note would be READ (fullscreen note displayed/menu); and cake would be EAT(Item just disappears from inventory but health increases... maybe) key would be USE: but then would stick to mouse and you can try it on Door/chest/safe.. etc...

Getting there, slowly.. just wish I could fix this player...

• You can use the Cursor Manager to define any number of verbs (Use, Eat, etc).  You'll need to alter your Inventory settings in the Settings Manager too, but the exact options to change depend on what you have in your Interaction settings, mainly the "Interaction method" you've chosen.

The AC Jump should be ignored if you're using UFPS.  Using the standard Input Manager than UFPS sets when you install it should be enough - no need to change them from the defaults.  I've uploaded the InputManager file from my own project - try placing this in your ProjectSettings folder.
  • Thanks Chris, but unfortunately didnt help, infact I looked at yours and its super close to being the same as mine...

So off to the "Test Project" again.
    A totally clean AC project, with organised room objects and ignore raycast didnt work, 
    Made a new Scene... added NOTHING apart from a plane, and DRAGGED in the UFPS Advanced Player from YOUR download...
    And it JUMPED no problem, jump jump jump jumping all around...
    So I organised room objects... still worked... deleted player, let AC spawn... still worked...
    Finally... I set the plane to Ignore Raycast... BINGO.. didnt work...

SO I opened my real game project, put _SetGeometry to Default.. and its fixed.. jumpity jump!

So whats with Ignore raycast?
    Whats NOT gonna work if I set it to default?
    This is needed for the AI on point and click right (and I guess I will need it if I want to move my AI NPCS over to AC instead of Rain (as IM using now) which Id like to do...

Should mention that ages ago (before AC) I got a strange Death scenario when my old UFPS player walked on stairs that were set to Ignore Raycast.. AND last night I got a simerlar Death (Player dies for no reason) when he touched a fence that was set to Ignore Raycast... I (think) I solved it by turning off Ignore raycast..
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/743/accidental-death-on-some-stairs#latest

So... maybe your implementation of UFPS shouldnt be using Ignore Raycast?
    I might be wrong.. I know not what Im talking about!

Mark

• First of all, I'm glad this is finally working for you!  I'll admit that my own testing for AC/UFPS integration takes place in the "CleanScene" that UFPS provides, so I hadn't considered the set geometry layers.

Placing the scene geometry on "Ignore Raycast" is only to make sure that it doesn't conflict with Hotspots, and isn't technically necessary if you're careful and don't place Hotspots inside any colliders that would otherwise block it.  I'll add a note to the manual that this step shouldn't be done when working with UFPS.
  • Great!
    Im working with teh Vision Punks tp get a version of UFPS where AD "turns" the player not strafe.. I think this will be better integration with AC as we can leave the cursor active at all times.. Id like RIGHT CLICK to do the mouse look at useual, and yes.. thats my final bug... Im not gettnng mouselook EXCEPT with holding the mouse down.
    So yes.. due to a bug I have the functionality I want, except that Id rather it wasn't a bug.. ha ha
    but Im giving up with the Player tweakage for the moment and going to dive into game building...
    I already have a pretty hefty post planned for you regarding how a cutscene should be set up... but Ill leave that for now... been in a cabin for 2 days in the middle of the Norwegian Forest, need to cuddle the wife..

Mark