Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity5 upgrade

Hello,

I was working on a game and I am now tryong to run it in Unity 5. Its throwing some errors in the DragRigidbody.

My question, is should I be upgrading to Unity5 at all? The game is pretty much in the beginning so I wouldnt want to run into legacy problems too early in this process. Whats your recomendation?

Comments

• Just my opinion, but if you are at the beginning, I think Unity 5 is the best option.
    If your game is at the end, better stick with the version, since many could make you work again in things you already has finished (my experience with upgrading projects from Unity 4.6 to Unity 5 was not so good, so maybe you could run into problems).
    But always make a backup of your game before make this kind of aggressive changes since you could end with lots of problems and better redo the upgrade if the worst happen.
  • Hello Carlos,

Yes the game is at a very early stage and I am in fact a beginner=P I think its in fact better to start right away from 5 even if I have to redo what I had done which was not much.

Upgrade looks like its not working very smoothly..
  • I'm endeavouring to make the transition for AC to Unity 5 as smooth as possible, but there's so many facets to Unity that sometimes it takes for someone to report a problem before I'm aware of it.  What are the errors exactly, and how you getting them?  And which version of AC are you on?