Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible Bug: Cutscene delay start

I've tested this a few times using your opening and closing door tutorials and the door opens, but doesn't close again. I can keep opening it wider and wider. If I tweak and put in engine:pause game in the top of the list of the cutscene, then the door will open in the opposite direction, but it will close again.

Tested in Unity 4.6.3 AC 1.42c, and in Unity 4.6.4 AC 1.43a

Comments

• Screenshots of your ActionLists would help a lot.  Also, try enabling "List active ActionLists in Game Window" at the bottom of the Settings Manager - that will help you to debug whether or not the delayed cutscene is playing at all.
  • I've updated to Unity 5, using AC 1.43a and still get the problem. Attached is my simple actionlist for the test. No error is detected in the console or when I use "List active actionlists in game window". The door opens and stays open. I can keep opening it wider.

• I did another test, because I'll admit I just created a new scene in my old project to do the test. So I created a new project and a new scene to do another test and I discovered what was happening. It looked like the door was opening and not closing, but in fact it was running the two action lists together so the first one (opening the door) wasn't happening. The door was in fact closing. That's why when I tick the check box to 'Wait until finish' the door appeared to open in the opposite direction. But still there is no actual delay before closing. So with the wait box checked, the door opens, then immediately closes.

The check box,  'wait until finished' is not my preference though, because I need that pause before the door closes so the player can walk through, rather than being stuck waiting for the door to finish its action.

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks.  It does seem like the second Cutscene is running without a delay - that would account for why the Hotspot is still clickable after the door opens.