Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to implement Salsa 3D?

Hi Chris @ChrisIceBox , I just bought your asset and first of all: its totaly amazing! Thank you so much for making this! I read that Salsa 3D already worked in the previous version, however, I cant seem to make it work in the newest(1.43a), unless I would edit the Salsa 3D script, which I cant because I dont know how to, I can script a bit in C sharp but I am not that advanced (first of all the 3D Salsa lip sync is not a script that it possible to edit just like a normal script would be). I hope you can help? I see the option for 2D but not for 3D..

Comments

• Welcome to the forum @PurpleShine!

My own testing found that no changes were needed to make AC work with Salsa 3D.  It should work just fine by using the normal Salsa workflow - just drop the Salsa component onto your character, and assign the BlendShapes.

The workflow should not involve AC at all, but bear in mind: AC Characters speak from an AudioSource placed on their root GameObject, which may not necessarily be the same as the SkinnedMeshRenderer (more likely this is a child).  In this case, place the Salsa3D on the root object, and assign the SkinnedMeshRenderer at the top of the component's Inspector.
  • @ChrisIceBox Thank you very much Chris, it worked! I have some more questions but I will post them in another thread. Again: I cant thank you enough for your product Adventure Creator.