Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different Dialogues for different players

Hi!

I am going to use AC to make a turn-based co-op game. I know I can only have 1 active player in the scene at a time, but that will work for me I think because it's turnbased. The Player 2 will just be an idle NPC untill his turn comes up, at which point I think I can teleport player 1 to player 2's position and change his model, while player 1 now becomes an NPC, untill his turn is tossed back at him. (can you please tell me I am correct in thinking this will work like this?)

My big question however, before I start building, is that I want different conversations when player 1 interacts with NPC X, then when player 2 interacts with NPC X. Is this possible? And what would be the best way of going about this? I think if all else fails I could put a bool switch before each conversation to check which player is now the active one, but I am hoping there is a better way.

Looking forward to working with AC!

Comments

• You can use the "Player: Check" Action to determine the currently-active player, and link up the appropriate speech Action afterwards.  When using the "Dialogue: Play speech" Action, you'll have to assign the correct Player prefab - not just rely on ticking the "Player line?" checkbox - if you want to use voice acting (so that the filenames are correct).
  • Thanks! Figured it out. Works like a charm Chris. Thanks for your time.