Forum rules - please read before posting.

Side View Camera Questions

Hello All!

I have a long hallway, and I would like to have the camera slide along with the character. This works just fine.

But I would like to angle the camera slightly ahead of the character depending on what way they are facing. So if they are facing (and thus moving) to the right, the Camera is slightly turned to the right so the main character would be near the left side of the screen and can see more of what they are walking towards.

Now here is the kicker.

If they turn around, so they are facing left, I would like to do the same thing I was doing to the right, whereas the camera is angled more to the left and the character is closer to the right side of the camera.

I could code something custom, but I wanted to see if there was already something in AC that I'm overlooking that could do this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Not currently, but that is a neat idea.  I'll look into this myself, though I can't make a promise about it's inclusion.
  • edited April 2015
    UPDATE: Never mind, this was simple.  Expect it in 1.44 - for 2D cameras, that is.
  • There isn't a way to do this also for 3d cam?  ;;)
  • Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned that. I was looking for it as a 3D camera.

But holy smokes! You had that fixed in less than 2 hours!
  • You got me on a good day ;)
  • Do you think you can add that in for 3D camera for next release?

• I'll at least take a look at it.  Now that 2D's done, some of the code might transfer easily.