Forum rules - please read before posting.

General discussion - do I need a new computer?

Hey there AC users

I've been using AC and Unity on a laptop I got three years ago. I'm finding that there's terrible lag when using some aspects of AC, namely large action lists. Is this normal, or is it because my laptop sucks and I should get a computer?

Would be very grateful for any feedback! Thank you :)

Daniel

Comments

• You mean in the ActionList Editor window?  One of the more recent updates (can't remember which, exactly) fixed a performance issue where Actions off-screen were still being drawn.  Try updating to the most recent version and see if your machine's still lagging.
  • I also have a lag problem in a big scene, with lot of hotspot and cutscenes, and I found my problem: under Setting manager, at the bottom under Debug setting, I uncheck the "Show icons in hierarchy windows" and the lag disappear!

Hope this help.
  • Thanks for your feedback, guys; yes, the lag is in the ActionList Editor window itself, when I've got a large number (100+) of actions in it. This also makes other things lag (e.g. inspector window not changing to reflect objects I click in the hierarchy) when I have that AcionList open. I am running the most recent version of AC.

On creating more ActionLists, I've found that it runs very smoothly when there's a smaller number (<50) of actions. I suspect that my laptop might just be struggling to handle larger numbers.

2finger, thanks for that - I gave it a try and unfortunately it didn't make any difference. I think my solution would be to either buy a better computer, or as a quick fix I could just break large ActionLists down into smaller ones.