Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory and inGame menu disappear when my player talks

I set the inventory and "inGame" settings to be shown at all times during gameplay. But then when my player talks they disappear for a second. I'm guessing speech doesn't count as gameplay.

What I need then is the "appear type" to have a multi option like "during gameplay" and during "speech" otherwise the inventory keeps flashing every time my player looks at an item. I have the inventory showing at all times because it's an iPad game.

If this is not supported maybe you can point me to the right section of the code so i could hard code it maybe. thnx.  

Comments

• You're right - by default, speech will block gameplay.  Or rather, any ActionList that is set to Block Gameplay while it runs will do so, and if you have speech playing inside that ActionList then the cutscene will continue while the speech plays.

You can set a speech line or ActionList to run in the background, but this will also allow the player to continue interacting.

If you want your menus to display at all times, then I'd suggest changing the Appear Type to Manual.  You'll then have full control over when they're displayed, using the Menu: Change state Action.  You can turn them off for major cutscenes (calling a single ActionList asset that does this for all Menus would make this much less of a hassle), and keep them on at all other times.