Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player walks to wrong Marker after loading.

Everything seems to work just great with the Save System in AC. Though yesterday I discovered a problem: When my game starts there are 2 platforms with 2 different Navmeshes. Platform A has a default playerstart (obviously), and platform B has a marker to which my character automatically walks to after the lift Cutscene that starts at platform A. If I save my game right before platform B on platform A and I take the lift to platform B and after the player has reached the marker from platform B and I load my just created savegame my character spawns at the right position of platform A again, which is good. However, there is a interaction on platform A, if I want the interaction to play this time, my character doesnt walk to the marker of platform A, but instead tries to walk to the marker of platform B!! This ofcourse is not supposed to so I was wondering if there is something like a "Remember marker" script but apparently there isnt. So, if not, what am I doing wrong here? Can someone help me and understand my problem?

Comments

• @ChrisIceBox This problem stays though, I tried to do OnLoad and make the marker B inactive to check with a boolean, but now I get this innoying message again:Send Message has no reciever. Is there anyway that I could prevent this kind of messages? I really dont understand that I would have to write a script that search for the object first, that should be handled by AC. But that seems the only solution if I am not mistaken..
  • Nah, even the script cant find the object now. I am doing something wrong here... Well, hope you can help me when you have time. Fortherest everything works perfect thankfully :)
  • @ChrisIceBox Solved again! Thanks to your awesome tutorial about loading and saving. Only thing what I had to do OnLoad was: Check liftvariable, if its false, play a cutscene with change scene setting: default nav mesh. I am very happy :) And sorry that I write so much but I think there re more people out there with some same problems like me and I think it could help than to report how I solved my problem.