Forum rules - please read before posting.

Big Bug: hotspots doesnt work anymore(!)

@ChrisIceBox Hi Chris, this time a very werid issue: everything went well, my game is developing fast and in the way I want it but now this comes up.... I explain what happened: I made a GameObject and put it in the scene, this was already some weeks ago. I read the tutorial and understand that to remember the gameobjects position, it needs an constant ID and  a Remember Transform, it also needs to be a prefab and to be put in the map Resources. I made a duplicate of the gameobject that was already in the scene and did this on the duplicate. I load a saveGame and the gameobject is gone, which is good news because it remembered that it wasnt there in that SaveGame. (I also checked retain in prefab and check scene preference). Ok, now I start the game and suddenly all my hotspots dont work anymore in this scene (thankfully in other scenes thay do). This is very weird because I wouldnt think that placing a prefab without any hotspot script or anything related to it could couse this. I think it is a bug because I never did anything else then this. Do you know how I can solve it?

Comments

• Update: it only works if I make the yellow cube very big. This must be a bug.
  • But then the hotspot gets far too big.
  • Work around: increasing clipping planes of the main camera solves the problem but this shouldnt happen ofcourse.
  • When you duplicate your hotspots or any gameojects with an ID atached make sure to change it to a new one. Otherwise you will have those gameobjects repeat whatever is in  your code was applied to the previous ones.
  • edited April 2015
    There's got to be something different in your scene once the problem begins, and it might not be immediately clear.  Is the camera in the intended position, for example?  Without seeing any images of your problem, I can only give general advice.  Try to see what's different in your scene.
  • Update: Sorry, it wasnt a bug, my bad, I panicked badly, I placed a big cube without a meshrenderer that was placed on the default layer instead of the ignore raycast that blocked the Camera from looking. I feel stupid, sorry again /: