Forum rules - please read before posting.

IsKinematic problem.

When I load a level with an animation playing, the box in the rigidbody (from the player) IsKinematic is checked but I am pretty sure it gets loaded before and takes the position of the UseGravity. I tried a lot last hours but nothing works. Als not OnLoad. It is strange because I thought it did work, it might also be a bug in Unity but not sure. So I have a cutscene in Level 3 with IsKinematic but the level before it is set to gravity, going to switch scene doesnt switch in time enough to go to IsKinematic state apparently. It says the Rigidbody IsKinematic but if I change the PlayerStart and I load the level again, the player goes 10 meters down, meaning he is pushed by the Rigidbody, Very annoying.

Comments

• And is it true I cant use OnLevelWasLoaded in AC? I tried to use but it doesnt recognise the level which is sad because this way i could solve this problem..
  • Well, solved it in a strange way. Apparently switching levels also makes a difference, the position of the character is slightly different then anyway. But I dont know why. 
  • I'm sorry, but you're going to have to explain this one in more detail - with screenshots if possible.  I don't quite understand what you mean.
  • Hi Chris, the problem is solved for now. However, when I started working on this project it was also there. I think the issue has to do with the animation, it looks like when you turn the character in an upcomming scene, Unity gets confused and cant find the right spawnpoint position. I still think this is a Unity problem but its weird because I dont have this problem elsewhere (however, I also dont use complex animation in the beginning of a scene elsewhere). Do you still want me to show what I mean? (It cant be AC related though, I am pretty sure of)
  • Thanks but no - this forum is for AC-only issues.