Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to align text in dialogs

My dialogues Play Speech are not centered It shows the black rectangle and the text is way up at the top edge and the title is off the black rectangle. This is not the way they are shown in the Demo tutorial. How can I adjust the text so that it is centered?

Comments

• Which tutorial?  The 2D video covers a custom subtitle UI at the 1:17:32 mark, while the 3D video covers the use of a downloadable UI template.

You can adjust the display of your subtiles by opening up the Menu Manager (in the Game Editor window), and selecting "Subtitles".

You'll then have access to both the Subtitle menu's properties (e.g. position, transition type, etc), and the elements within it (the subtitle text box itself).
  • I am talking about the 3d tutorial. But now I read about the "Walking dead_MenuMannager" and since it shows all texts without the surrounding black background it looks OK. However the Options menu (when you press Escape in the game) still has the black rectangle which in this case covers the 'OPTIONS, SAVE and LOAD and the rest are outside. That's the question , how to increase the height of the black rectangle?

• In the same place - open up the Menu Manager, and click "Options" from the list of Options.  You'll then be able to edit the size / background etc.  If you keep the Game Window open when an AC scene is loaded, you'll be able to get a real-time preview of how your menu looks when you edit it.

Alternatively, you can construct your Menu in Unity UI and connect it with the Menu Manager.