Forum rules - please read before posting.

Easier Two-Way Camera Transitions?

Is there an easier way to transition between two camera shots? Wiring up two triggers and dealing with enabling and disabling them in different states is painful if you have a lot of shots. Plus keeping track of naming everything properly and hiding the correct thing is confusing.

One idea – just having a "Camera Transition Trigger" that manages this bookkeeping for you so I can focus on setting up my shots without having to multiple action lists. 

Another idea – I would love to be able to just set up camera "zones" so that when my character is in that zone a particular camera is used, and when I move into or out of it the appropriate transition is applied.

Thanks for the great plugin – I'm loving it!

Comments

• The 3D tutorial only suggests my preferred way of doing it, but there's always others - including your camera zones idea.

If you create a Trigger that covers the zone, and give it the Camera: Switch Action to switch to it's associated camera, that should work too.  You may have to set it's Trigger type to Continuous, but I'd experiment with leaving it as On enter first.