Forum rules - please read before posting.

Point and click not working

I'm using Unity Navmesh and set the the settings to that; I also created the navmesh segment and it's on the static navigation layer.  The unity navigation is also baked per the tutorial.  I just cannot get my player to move.  In direct and first person control is does, just not for point and click. 
:-/

Comments

• Is the NavMesh on the NavMesh object layer as well?  You'll also need your Player prefab to have a Paths script, but this should be on him automatically.  If still no luck, try using the Demo game's Player prefab, Tin Pot, as a temporary test to see if the problem is down to the scene or the player prefab.
  • The NavMesh object is on the NavigationStatic layer.  I will create a NavMesh layer then. Also, the player has the 'Player' and 'Paths' script.  I'll try the demo as well and will let you know.  Thanks

• Just to avoid any confusion: I'm talking about the NavMesh object layer, which is set beneath the Static setting.  Clicking the arrow to the right of Static (at the top-right of the Inspector) should still show "Navigation static" as checked.
  • Oh.  Ok I was confused indeed.  I will go back and fix it.  Thanks
  • So I checked eveything - Navigation static is set under the static layer, and NavMesh is also set under layer names.  I placed the NavMesh segment, baked it and my character still won't move.  Is there a different Input for point and click from the default one which comes with AC?
  • So I tested with Tin Pot and it works.  The problem is with my avatar, which is annoying.  I'll figure it out, thanks