Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pathfinding problem

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
I have a cube in the middle of the scene.  When I click beyond that cube, instead of the avatar using smart pathfinding it tries to walk straight through the cube.  it doesn't actually go through it because of the collider, but stays stuck to it trying to walk through.  My baked nav mesh has 0.5 radius so there's no walkable area.  How can I make the avatar automatically find it's way using alternate routes around the scene?

Comments

• When you say there's no walkable area, are you referring to there not being any baked navmesh?  You can try reducing the radius value in your Navigation window.

If your baked NavMesh doesn't account for the cube in the middle (i.e. there's no hole there), know that you can make use of the "Static obstacle" prefab in the Scene Manager - the NavMesh won't bake wherever one is placed.

Otherwise, please post some screenshots, because I'm having trouble visualising what you mean exactly.
  • There were baked navmeshes and I used the static object.  It seems like there was an issue with Unity "finding" the navmesh; i deleted it, closed unity, restarted Unity and added a new navmesh object then it worked.