Forum rules - please read before posting.

physics demo problem

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi i got to admit i haven't been doing adventure creator for long and have been going through the tutorials. I decided to check out the physics demo and have noticed there is no sound coming out. I think the problem would be when i'm running the game the sound lowers it self and i am unable to turn it back up. And another thing is when i am holding the rock and i have to press r to rotate it it won't. So i'm just wondering if someone is able to do a tutorial based on the demo game. And also just wondering is there a way not to have a character in the scene. Because i really reckon it will be possible to do an adventure hidden object game like the ones in www.gamehouse.com. They don't have a character that you move around.

Sorry just found the creating physics rock tutorial but i put in the inputs that it needs but the rotate still does not work. I'm going to import into a fresh scene and i will see if it will work then.

Comments

• Sorry it wouldn't let edit again.
    Sorry again for another edit it all works now sound and all. Really good demo but still wondering about the character thing like i said above. I'm just wondering if i use the built in first person or the ufps can you disable movement and just use arrow prompts instead. Like for example i have a left, right, down, or up arrow can it be so that if i click on one of them arrows can the camera move in that direction. That is what some gamehouse games have.
  • Welcome to the community, @wendymorrison

You don't need to define a Player prefab in your game: just leave the "Player" field in your Settings Manager empty, and set your "Movement method" to "None".

If you're looking to make a hidden-object game, I'd recommend you look into parameters, once you're familiar with AC.  Parameters can be used to perform tasks that you'll want to do a lot, but slightly different each time - for example, hiding a sprite and removing an inventory item when the player clicks on a hidden object.
  • Thank you so much for that. I.m going through more tutorials and then i am going to try that.