Forum rules - please read before posting.

Removing inventory items and snapping them to a particular area in scene

Thanks so far for your help Chris.  Everything on my project is up to speed.  It seems like I can finish it in only two weeks ;)

I have a quick issue I've been meaning to implement.  I would like the player to remove certain items from the inventory, and have them snap to specific areas in the scene where they will be dropped.  I want the snap-to areas to only accept the designated items and not just anything the player feels like placing there.

Is this possible?  All I need is a start

BTW, I love the ActionList editor
:D

Comments

• You'd have to create a Hotspot for each space where you want the player to be able to drop the item onto.  Then, create an Inventory interaction for the Hotspot, that only accepts the Inventory item you intend it for.  When the player drops the item onto it, display a sprite / model.

If you have a lot of such spaces, and you don't want to have to re-create the same Actions many times for each one, have a look at parameters, which help you perform common tasks more easily.
  • Ah thanks mate! You're the best!