Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turn hotspot off apond game start.

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi i have a 2d picture frame in my game where you open the frame up and then you find a key for a door. But when i hover over the frame i can interact with the key before frame but i need the opposite way around. I tried disabling the hotspot at the start but it hasnt worked. In the 3d demo tutorial it has an option that he checks of on game editor and under settings but as i am using a newer version it does'nt have this option for me. Just wondering where that option is and i can do the same as in 3d demo tutorial with the hotspot.The option on the 3d demo is dont show behind collider so in the new version where would i find that.

I just worked it out i put the z trans to 0.4 considering the frame was at 0 so it put the key hotspot behind the frame hotspot. If there is another way please let me know.

Comments

• There is - add the RememberHotspot script to your key, and use that to turn the Hotspot off when the game begins.  When you want it to turn on, you can do so with the Hotspot: Enable or disable Action - but your method is just as valid.
  • edited May 2015
    Yeah i tried that but i probly did it wrong. I put the rememberHotspot script on the key hotspot but just wondering which actionlist do i put Hotspot:Enable or disable action on. Because i put it at the start of the key hotspot actionlist but that didnt disable it. I still do want to know this for future use but changing the z translation is working so i will keep it with that thanks for all your help.

Sorry about this i just worked it out. I used a Onstart cutscene to turn off hotspot and just enabled it on the actionlist of the picture frame after other actions are finished.
  • You don't need to disable it inside your OnStart Cutscene - adding a RememberHotspot script to it will provide you with a field to disable it when your game begins automatically.