Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to start a custom Action list from c# code?

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
I need to fire an action list from inside the code of PlayerInteraction.cs. What is the right syntax? And: Are there special things to think about? I need this for a function that is not implemented in AC at this moment (playing sounds while cycling the interaction items). Thanks for help!

Comments

• If it's scene based (i.e. Cutscene / Interaction):

myCutscene.Interact ();

If it's an ActionList asset file:

AC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (myActionListAsset);
  • edited May 2015
    Thank you, thats it! For all other people having problems to run the ActionListAsset file - like this it worked for me:

1) Create your custom ActionList file in any folder called "Resources" by right mouse click > create > Adventure Creator > Action List. By the way, this folder could be in any other sub-folder.

2) To get this running, it seems not to be important to set the correct directory for "Custom action scripts" in the Adventure Creator Game Editor > Menue "Actions" to this folder.

3) You have to load the ActionListAsset file, before you can use it with the code that Chris showed above. Try something like this:

ActionListAsset myActionListAsset = (ActionListAsset) Resources.Load ("myActionListAssetFilename") as ActionListAsset;
    AC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(myActionListAsset);