Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hovering

Hi,

my player walks like expected.When i apply an animation lets say a jump animation,he falls through the navmesh and cannot walk anymore just hovers around the scene.

Thanks for help.

Comments

• I'll need more detail - what's your movement method, and are you using Mecanim / root motion?  Any screenshots, detail etc you can provide to demonstrate this would be of great help.
  • I am using point and click.Mecanim.

With the animation disabled he is on the floor and can walkimageimageimageWimage

• With animation enabled he sinks into the floor and cannot walk anymore.

Thanksimageimage

• edited May 2015
    Could this be that somehow you created an offset in Mecanim? Or somehow your payer's pivot?

In my sprite animations, when I use Mecanim I often forget to turn off record button in the animation window when I move my objects around.
  • Check that the animations themselves are set up correctly, and run OK in the Inspector preview window.  But what does the player look like in the Scene window when he falls through the floor?  I'm wondering about the state of the capsule collider.

Also, what is your movement method and navigation set to?  It's not clear if you can't walk because of the animation, or because your navigation is not set up correctly.  Temporarily replace your player prefab with the Demo game's, Tin Pot, and see if you can control him normally.
  • It is the animation.He just makes a step under the floor,executes the animation and then he cannot walk anymore.Without animation he walks via point and click and Unity Navigation.How can i manipulate the animation.It is a downloaded animation.

Thanks

• From what you're describing, this doesn't sound like an AC issue, and I'm not knowledgable enough on Mecanim to give advice on manipulating a third-party animation.  I would recommend asking on the general Unity forum.
  • Ok.I added a different animation,a free kick animation.My player character runs,kicks and stays.But he stays on the same place while running.My player can just walk.I think i just have to add a running animation to my fsm.After the animation he stands still and doesn't idle and so he cannot walk again,just hovers.I tried to solve the problem via another character animate action making him change the state from the animation to idle.When i enable this last action no animation takes place.

• Without knowing what the 'soccer' parameter in your FSM represents, I can't advise - you've created a bool of this name?  You'd have to change the 'Set as value' field in the Action to 1.
  • You were right.Plus enabling root motion and is kinematic and he freekicks like David Beckham.:--)

Thanks a lot.