Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory on title page

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

I made a title page for my game but when the mouse go up the inventory shows up. Is there any way to change that, since I only want the inventory to show up on my game scene and not my title page scene?

I would also like to know if their is a way to have a fix inventory mon my game scene?

Thank you in advance and thumb up for all of your support!

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Try to make onstart action menu lock (your invetory name) of your title page.

Hierarchy>OnStart>Menu: Change State to Lock Menu > put your inventory name menu.
    Don't forget to link your OnStart in Game Editor Scene, Scene Cutscenes On Start: .
    This should do the trick
  • That's correct - you can automatically create an OnStart Cutscene by clicking "Create" to the right of it's field in the Scene Manager.  The 3D Demo game does this trick too, to lock the Inventory menu off until the player's picked up the sword.
  • Thank you SkyTree and ChrisIceBox.

Since I have a lot of object that the player can get on the scene, I can not really set an object to be pick up first. Would their be another way?
  • It doesn't matter which item is picked up first, just that any Interaction that involves picking up an item also unlocks the Inventory menu.  But that was just an example - as @SkyTree said, you can have it unlock as soon as your scene begins by placing this Action instead in your OnStart Cutscene.